How do I make my Indie game?
So I was asked what tech I use for making my game. Not what tech I use in the game itself (like OpenGL or C++) but what kind of programs I’m using.
I didn’t think I used that many, here they are!
- Visual Studio + Visual Assist (So Damn Good) for coding
- Tortoise SVN for versioning
- Notepad++ for scripting and website updates
- Filezilla for uploading stuff on the Web/Internet
- Photoshop for image editing
- Tiled for map editing
- Audacity for sound & music editing
- Greenshot for screen capture
- Fraps for video capture
- Magic Video for video editing (IIRC, it was some time ago, not my program)
- 4VideoSoft for Video converting (IIRC)
- Mantis for planning and bug tracking
- Steam for publishing
- Twitter and WordPress for community management
- DSM replication software between my Synology NAS at home (with SVN) and another far far away in another gala…city
And I’m not even sure I’m not forgetting any one…